Wednesday 20 February 2013

Karen Igho finally opens up on assault at the Smirnoff Ice party



That particular day, it was my friend, Denrele, that invited me to an event and I had to honour his invitation. I had my tag and my invite. I even took a friend, to tell you how many invites I had. I even took my own bouncer. Before the incident happened, my bouncer had been discharged to go home. If he was there, it would not have happened.

 People always quote what happened that day wrongly. It was a MOPOL officer, not a bouncer that hit me. A policeman in uniform did it to a citizen. See the rest after cut. ..
  The reason I want to talk about it is because no man is allowed to hit a woman just like that. I got to the event and parked, but the guy said he was saving the space for someone and that if I was not going to give him money, I should park somewhere else. I asked if he was for the party and he said ‘yes’.

I told him that I was also for the party, but he insisted that I give him money. I told him to let me go to the event and return. When I got back, I saw that my car had been blocked in such a way that I could not move out. He allowed someone else park behind me on purpose because I did not give him money. I told him that I wanted to leave and he should help me look for the owner of the car. He told me he wasn’t working for me. I told him that the event was organised by Smirnoff Ice and they were the ones that hired him; he said ‘yes’. Then I asked why he was angry.

He said he would not do anything till I give him money. I told him not to worry that if it was how he wanted it to be done, I would need his name. I think the man did not really know who I was. My friend was even with me, she just got back from the UK. She too was shocked. I asked for his name but he said he would not give me and if I talk anyhow, he would slap me. I asked him if it was because he was holding a gun and putting on a uniform.

Before I knew it, the guy gave me a heavy slap. The slap sent me to the floor. My jaw shifted and my face was swollen for a week. I had a concussion on my head. There were witnesses. He threatened he was going to shoot if anyone helped me. When he realised what he had done, and seeing that people were moving towards the scene, he fled. I got his name and told the organisers what happened and they sprang into action. I was traumatised and shocked, I got scared. I told them I was going to sue for what they caused me, but we later settled out of court.

Her first heartbreak
I am the kind of girl that when I am with a guy, I am with a guy. I do not cheat or double date. I stick to one man. I am a faithful, loyal, honest and God-fearing kind of person. When I do anything, I put myself in the person’s shoes. I was about 22 years old when I had my first heartbreak. The guy travelled to America, so we had to call it quits. He was a nice person but I had to move on. A lot of things happened. I am from a strict Christian home, so I did not start dating till I was about 19 years old. He was the first person I had sex with. I did not lose my virginity till I was quite old. Because I have a petite figure, people don’t know how old I am. I was 20 years old when I lost my virginity.


No comments:

Post a Comment