Saturday 1 December 2012

THE CROWNING OF AGADAGA IGBO GBURU GBURU























November 24th 2012, history was made at National Sports Stadium Surulere, Lagos. Igbos from all works of life gathered to crown Ochoudo Martin Agbaso, "Agadaga Igbo Gburugburu", a confirmation of the honor bestowed on him by the late Chief Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu at Ahiara Declaration ground in 2007, when he personally handed over Ofor Ndi Igbo to him.



I am not getting younger. All my life I have fought and defended the cause of Ndi Igbo, I have searched all through Igbo land for someone who can fit into my shoes when am gone, someone who can stand up and offer quality leadership to Ndi be anyi  , someone who will do even better than what I have done over the years, my heart settled for my son Ochoudo, I hereby present him to you. Ochoudo, I am giving you this ofor, given to me by Ndi Igbo, this will attract envy, it will attract battles, but I have confidence you will handle it very well. When am gone, never let Ndi Igbo down. Ikemba Odimegwu Ojukwu – Ahiara Declaration Ground 2007

Ikemba Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu made that speech about 5 year ago, four years before his demise; It is not a surprise that the event of today turned out this great.

This is the first time top socio-cultural organisations of Ndi Igbo will gather together to speak with one voice for the peace and progress of Ndi Igbo.

The newly crowned Agadaga Igbo Gburugburu, expressed joy for the honor bestowed on him and promised never to let Ndi Igbo down.

The event attracted a lots of dignitaries including,  Prof. Walter Ofonagoro, Dr Pascal Dozie, Prof. Anya o. Anya, Eze Kalu Kalu Ogbu IV , Enachoke of Abiriba, Dr Joseph Ikem Odumodu, R.Admiral Alison Madueke,  Amb. Ralph Uwechue OFR, president general Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo worldwide, Sir Oliver Akubueze,  Chief Charles Anyaegbu, and several Royal Fathers and other dignitaries.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations sir! So now u have to continue the battle from where ojukwu stopped . Goodluck and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well deserved honour .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm iѕ anyone else having problems wіth the pictᥙres
    on this blog loading? I'm trying to fіnd out if its a problem on my end or if it's thе blog.
    Any feeԀback would be greatly appreciated.
    browse around here : You Knew How To Password Protect Folder But You Forgot.
    Here Is A Reminder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day! I simply want to offer you a big thumbs up for the excellent
    information you have here on this post. I'll be coming back to your blog
    for more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, here every person is sharing these know-how, so it's good to read this
    webpage, and I used to pay a quick visit this
    webpage all the time.

    ReplyDelete