Sunday 20 January 2013

I WILL STRIP TO MY PANTS IF NIGERIA WIN THE NATIONS CUP - VINCENT ENYEAMA



Nigeria's goal-keeper Vincent Enyeama says that he will be so overjoyed if Nigeria win the Afcon that at the final whistle on February 10 he will strip to his underpants.

"It will be a dream come true and I am certain I will strip to my shorts. Yes, let everyone hear it that I will strip to my shorts if we are champions". Vincent Enyeama has been very consistent since hebecame Nigeria's undisputed first choice goal-keeper just after the 2002 World Cup in Japan/South Korea. 


He was in the teams that played at the '04 to '10 tournaments where the country got to the semi finals in all but the '08 tournament where incidentally, Austin Ejide was Berti Vogts first choice. Enyeama regained his place after Vogts departure and was arguably Nigeria's best player at the 2010 World Cup.

The Israel based player wants to keep playing for a while yet "I aim to keep playing until am 40. If possible into my 42nd year even. I work hard, am focused and if I do as little as I did today (he spoke to supersport after the Super Eagles' victory over Dutch side Sparta Rotterdam) in more matches then I can easily play that long".

Asked if the team was under pressure to deliver the trophy to Nigeria again since '94 he says "personally I do not think we are looking at the trophy for now. We want to win the first game, then the next and then the one after that". He carries the aura of a man comfortable in his position as a footballer but also one is very aware of the responsibilities of being an international.

"Nigerians should have faith in us, believe the best of us and pray for us. It is not beyond our abilities to win the competition with God on our side" Enyeama concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment