Wednesday 7 November 2012

“The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out



President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday lambasted the country's elite, saying they are the problems of Nigeria.

Mr Jonathan stated this at the palace of the Emir of Hadejia and Chairman Jigawa state Traditional Council, Alhaji Adamu Ababakar Maje, when he paid the royal father a
courtesy call.

The President who is on a two-day official visit to Jigawa state was treated to a grand Durbar after he landed in an helicopter at the Hadejia township stadium.

He said, "I am grateful for the reception given to me right from the stadium up to the grand Durbar that was organized for me. Jigawa is my second home after Bayelsa. I was well-received by Jigawa people during my campaign and I promised to be back.

The level of people that turned out to welcome me today shows that we are one in Nigeria and we love each other. It is the elites that are causing the problems in the country using poor peoples' children to fight while their own children are protected.

Jigawa has been relatively peaceful and I thank the Governor for his effort in maintaining peace in the state. I thank the Emir for the honor and reception"

He said his transformation agenda was on course, adding that improved power supply and issues of peace and security were his priority.

In his speech, Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido expressed delight and appreciation to Mr Jonathan, noting that he was the first President to have visited Hadejia Emirate.

Lamido assured the number one citizen that the Government and people of Jigawa State will stand by him in his bid to improve the lives of Nigerians.

No comments:

Post a Comment